Careers and Employability Vacancy Advertising Policy for Employers and Recruitment Agencies
Careers and Employability advertise vacancies free of charge, as long as they meet the criteria set out within this policy.
Careers and Employability aims to process vacancy advertisements within five working days although this is not always possible.
We reserve the right not to advertise vacancies, voluntary work or volunteering opportunities which we believe are not in the best interests of our students and graduates.
Not all eventualities can be covered and each vacancy will be assessed individually. We reserve the right to edit any vacancy to ensure it is clear and concise.
We will not advertise vacancies that to our knowledge:
- Discriminate on the basis of gender, age, race, nationality, disability, religion, gender re-assignment, appearance, marital status or civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity or sexual orientation
- Do not comply with the National Minimum Wage or other employment legislation
- Are commission only vacancies not guaranteed to meet the minimum wage
- Require the applicant to disclose their bank or building society details before being appointed
- Require the applicant to make upfront financial investment
- Are placed by private individuals and involve working in a private household
- Are connected to “pyramid” style selling schemes
- Are connected to the sex/adult industry
- Have company information which is incomplete – such as missing address, nature of company, contact details
- Involve students undertaking academic work for other students
- Have misleading and incomplete job descriptions
- Represent an undue health or safety risk
- Require a payment (although we will review these on a case-by-case basis and may add links to companies that offer these to the finding employment / work experience sections of our webpages)
Careers and Employability will advertise vacancies for recruitment agencies providing that the name of the organisation is disclosed, in confidence, to Careers and Employability.
Opportunities advertised on behalf of Recruitment Agencies where client details are not disclosed to Careers and Employability will not be advertised.
Careers and Employability refers students and graduates to The Recruitment and Employment Confederation website (see below).
Careers and Employability will advertise paid work placements and internships.
All unpaid work experience, voluntary work or volunteering opportunities will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis. We will not advertise any that last beyond a period of one month.
An employer offering a vacancy for unpaid employment will be required to provide written proof that the work is exempt from National Minimum Wage payment. For further details, please read the guidelines on the Government website: www.gov.uk/employment-rights-for-interns and call the Pay and Work Rights helpline (0800 917 2368).
Paid roles must meet or exceed the National Minimum Wage. www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
If you're advertising voluntary work, you should work with the KeeleSU Volunteering department. Click here for more information.
If you have any comments or complaints about the vacancy service provided by Careers and Employability please email firstname.lastname@example.org
National Minimum Wage
Equality Act 2010
Equality and Human Rights Commission
Business Disability Forum
The Recruitment and Employment Confederation
Recruiting International Students